Free Federal

Free Federal 1040EZ
Simple Returns
Prepare Free
Print Free
E-file Free
Free Federal Taxes

Free Federal Tax Preparation

Do Your Taxes The EASY Way For FREE. Federal Free Edition today. Start Now
  1. FREE preparation, FREE printing, FREE efiling
    for your simple tax return with HR Block Federal Free Edition.
  2. Easily get the biggest tax refund possible, guaranteed.
  3. Free Audit Support Center and live online help
Free Federal Taxes - Start Now

Choose the Simplest Federal Tax Form for Your Needs

Federal 1040EZ You may qualify to use Form 1040EZ, the simplest form, if:

  • Your taxable income is below $100,000
  • Your filing status is Single or Married Filing Jointly
  • You (and spouse) are under age 65 and not blind
  • You are not claiming any dependents
  • Your interest income is $1,500 or less

  • 1040A You may be able to use Form 1040A if:

  • Your taxable income is below $100,000

  • You have capital gain distributions

  • You claim certain tax credits

  • You claim deductions for IRA contributions, student loan interest, educator expenses or higher education tuition and fees

  • 1040 If you cannot use either a 1040EZ or 1040A, you probably need to use Form 1040. You must file form 1040 if:

  • Your taxable income is $100,000 or more

  • You claim itemized deductions

  • You are reporting self-employment income
  • You are reporting income from sale of property

  • Source :