Free Federal

Free Federal 1040EZ
Simple Returns
Prepare Free
Print Free
E-file Free
Free Federal Taxes

Free Federal Tax Preparation

Do Your Taxes The EASY Way For FREE. Federal Free Edition today. Start Now
  1. FREE preparation, FREE printing, FREE efiling
    for your simple tax return with HR Block Federal Free Edition.
  2. Easily get the biggest tax refund possible, guaranteed.
  3. Free Audit Support Center and live online help
Free Federal Taxes - Start Now

Checklist for Using 1040EZ Tax Form.

You can use Form 1040EZ if all the items in this checklist concern.

  • Your filing status is single or married filing jointly. If you were a nonresident alien at any time in 2011, see Nonresident aliens below.
  • You do not declare any dependents.
  • You do not claim any adjustments to income.
  • You claim only the earned income credit.
  • You (and your spouse if filing a joint return) were under age 65 and not blind at the end of 2011. If you were born on January 1, 1947, you are considered to be age 65 at the end of 2011 and cannot use Form 1040EZ.
  • Your taxable income is less than $100,000.
  • You had only wages, salaries, tips, taxable scholarship or fellowship grants, unemployment compensation, or Alaska Permanent Fund dividends, and your taxable interest was not over $1,500.
  • You do not owe any household employment taxes on wages you paid to a household employee. To find out who owes these taxes.
  • You are not a debtor in a chapter 11 bankruptcy case filed after October 16, 2005.

If you do not meet all of the requirements, you must use Form 1040A or 1040.

Nonresident Aliens: If you were a nonresident alien at any time in 2011, your filing status must be married filing jointly to use Form 1040EZ. If your filing status is not married filing jointly, you may have to use Form 1040NR or 1040NR-EZ. Specific rules apply to determine if you were a nonresident or resident alien.

Source: IRS.GOV